Remodeling of Denisovy sady in Brno
- ADRESA - ADDRESS Denisovy sady, Brno-město
- AUTOŘI - DESIGNERS Petr Hrůša, Petr Pelčák, Zdeněk Sendler, Václav Babka - Architekti Hrůša & Pelčák; Atelier Brno
- SPOLUPRÁCE - CO-OPERATION David Mikulášek
- INVESTOR - Veřejná zeleň města Brna - Brno Municipal Enterprise
- NÁKLADY - COSTS 30 mil. Kč
- ZASTAVĚNÁ PLOCHA - BUILT-UP AREA 114 m2
- OBESTAVĚNÝ PROSTOR - CUBICAL CONTENT 710 m3
- GENERÁLNÍ DODAVATEL - GENERAL CONTRACTOR DIS Brno
- PROJEKT - DESIGN 2001 - 2003 (1. etapa - Phase 1)
- REALIZACE - CONSTRUCTION 2002-2003 (1. etapa - Phase 1)
An historical vista ofthe obelisk, which additionally established
the urban axis of the Brno belt road, was restored at the price
of removal of a fair amount of unsuitable, modem wood
species. In selected locations, moderniy designed terraces were
integrated with carefully designed details of quality and solid
materials. The design integrates the individual parts of the park.
A newly conceived promenádě - a sidewalk from fine concrete
with a segmented finish created by stone components with
lights - serves as a design element. This visual axis connects,
factually and allegorically, not oniy all the main directions buf
also significant places. Moreover, it cuts through the originál
colonnade, restores its originál function and heips establish the
obelisk and its plateau as a sightseeing location.
The slopes and terraces of Františkov are being gradually cleared
of self-seeding vegetation, including lilac bushes and trees,
and soil-protecting vegetation is being planted in their stead.
The dramatic ground confíguration ofthe hill, including rock
formations, will thus be revealed again, and its original grading
and use ofgrapevine as a symbol ofthe cultural milieu and
South Moravia will be emphasized.The effort to restore the first
part ofthe park in a civicyet sensitive fashion culminated with
the installation of a sculpture by Miloš Chlupáč, Moravia.