The purpose of the non-profit company of PROSTOR is to draw attention of the
lay as well as professional public to interesting examples of architectural and
interior design with particular reference to the works of contemporary Czech
authors. The principal activities of the company include the publication of books,
in the first place the annual of Czech architecture, and the organization of
exhibitions and lectures in the above mentioned fields.
Examples of Implemented Projects
- Eva Jiřičná (exhibition catalogue)
- Czech Architecture 1989 - 1999 (P. Kratochvíl and P. Halík)
- Czech Interior and Furniture Design 1989 - 1999 (L. Žižková and coll.)
Parallel with the issue of these two publications also exhibition on the same subjects
was organized and presented both in the Czech Republic and abroad (Germany, the
Netherlands - Belgium, Great Britain and USA in preparation).
Czech National Bank. Reconstruction 1997 - 2000 (collective of authors)
An exhibition to this publication was organized in Prague.
- Prague Buildings of the 90s Awarded the Mayor´s Prize (collective of authors).
- Czech Architecture 1999 - 2000 (P. Pelčák) - the first issue of the annual of Czech
- Czech Design 1995 - 2000 (J. Pelcl) - to be published in November 2000.
All publications are the first issues of its type.
Projects in Preparation
Contemporary Czech Design (an overview exhibition related to the issue of the
publication Czech Design 1995 - 2000, curator Jiří Pelcl)
Czech Architecture 2000 - 2001 (M. Cajthamlová) - the second issue of the annual of
Czech architecture to be published in Spring 2002
The most beautiful book of the year 1999, prize of the Minister of Culture of CR for
1999 and Gold Seal of FOR ARCH 1999 International Building Fair for the Czech
Architecture 1989 - 1999.
Prize for journalism of the Design Centre of CR - awarded in 2001 for consistent
publicity of Czech design and Czech architecture.
Honorary award of FOR ARCH 2001 International Building Fair for the Czech
Architecture 1999 - 2000.s